Saturday, November 13, 2010

Computers

I'm like a nerd but without the intelligence. People will say to me "Hey, you lack social skills and fashion sense, will you help me fix my computer?"  Eager to maintain the illusion I have redeeming qualities, I comply. 
"What are your specs?"
"Describe your last megabyte."
"Wheres your RAM go when no ones looking?"
I ask hoping they don't know the answers so I can smile condescendingly.  Then I fiddle with their computer.  Pressing buttons and frowning.  "Hmm, did you mess with your settings here?" I ask accusingly pointing to a random window. 
"No, no!"
"Well I've adjusted the calibrations, if I just restart the computer it should work now."  Then I just pray a restart works...it usually does. 

It's not just computers, I also dont understand super computers, televisions, television remotes, half time shows, or large hadron colliders.

No comments:

Post a Comment